If you have been at least remotely interested in videogames over the last 20 years, chances of you having never played Counter-Strike are very low. We’re not gonna explain the game as you can easily watch countless letsplays, tournament videos, or even play CS: GO (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive) yourself – the game is free. However, if you are not too involved in the world of this multiplayer first-person shooter, you may not know that it’s present on sports betting sites, offering a chance to win some real money.
Evolution of CSGO Betting
The first Counter-Strike was released back in 1999, and it wasn’t until 2013 when it became a subject for betting with a yearly turnaround of billions of dollars. This happened when the “skins” were introduced to CS: GO players. These items were dropped randomly and simply changed the appearance of the weapon. Another way to receive skins was by other players compete in CS:GO on Twitch, so the purpose of this update was to increase the activity of players and make them follow the tournaments by getting rewarded with something they could also trade with each other.
It didn’t take long for these skins to become a sort of virtual currency players could use to bet on the matches outcome. Some of them were very common, others extremely rare and valued.
Advantages of CSGO Betting
This unconventional form of sports betting was possible due to many sites, which offered an opportunity to bet with skins and get real money in case of victory. That is something Valve’s platform didn’t support, and there have been measures taken to stop skin betting. By that time, csgo betting has become a popular page in many sportsbooks’ esports section, allowing gamblers to bet not only with real money but also with cryptocurrency. This makes skin betting somewhat redundant, although predictions say its turnaround will only grow by the year 2020, despite all the actions taken against it.
However, using Bitcoin and altcoins for betting on CSGO matches is a much safer and more accessible option for new bettors. Now, why is CSGO betting more beneficial than usual sports betting, like, say, football?
- First of all, some players will find this game more relatable and more exciting to follow.
- There are always matches to watch and bet on, due to the international nature of the game.
- Usual match time is up to an hour, so it doesn’t take a lot of time to watch it and find out the results or analyze the team’s strong sides.
CSGO Betting Sites
Now to the things you should consider when picking a csgo betting site. Although we strongly advise you to join as many as possible so that you don’t miss any free bonuses or special offers they will use to keep players on their sites.
- Some CS: GO betting sites offer a chance to get into wagering completely for free. Look for those first if you don’t feel like missing such an opportunity.
- If you’re an active gamer, you may want to try betting on other esports as well, such as Dota 2, League of Legends, StarCraft 2, etc. In that case, it’s best to choose the sites, which have several games you’re interested in.
- It’s very convenient when a sports betting site has a forum where bettors can discuss the matches, teams, and odds. There, you can also ask players about the best ways to withdraw money on the site.
We’ve got a few sites we’ve reviewed that list CS: GO as a betting option and have a good selection of matches. So, you can start by checking 1xBit, Betcoin.ag, and OneHash.